v1r2c1 with WiFi !
This Ignition Timing Meter is extremely valuable in repair work, engine tuning and CDI/TCI testing.
It offers an affordable, portable tool used in the field that doesn’t not require a rig or timing lamp to measure the spark angle. For a fraction of the cost of a IGTM-2000
ITM detect the form of the existing crankshaft position pickup and display the type of pickup (Positive first or Negative first) Compatible with one pulse per rev analog pickup coil (VR) and Hall effect sensor.
It calculates and display the RPM.
At the same time, using a Capacitive Probe or a wire winded up around the spark-plug wire, it detects the High Voltage going to the spark.
Knowing the pickup time, the spark time and the RPM, the micro-controller then calculates and display the ignition advance timing on an OLED screen.
ITM shows you a highly accurate measure of +/-0.1 degrees
Detect RPM limiter (No Spark detected = no Advance displayed)
CANNOT test analog CDI like GY6 or my ACCDI v2.6, v2.7
Because there is no processor inside them, just a bunch of resistors and capacitors so the advance timing comes mainly from the voltage of the VR that drift a bit when RPM increases.
All data are displayed every 1 to 5 seconds (selectable) and available on a USB connector.
Connect the Ignition Timing Meter to any Windows, Linux, Mac computer throughout an USB connection and terminal console to collect real-time ignition timing measures for further analysis or as a reference for this ignition.
Ignition Timing Meter for CDI/TCI is designed measure timing directly on a running bike.
It detect the original pickup and detect the spark and then display the timing.
- For 2 or 4 strokes.
- For single cylinder.
- For multiple cylinders if spark detection is captured on cylinder 1.
- Compatible with pickups that put out 1 pulse per revolution (2stk) or per 2 revolutions(4stk).
- Compatible with VR or Hall Effect sensors.
- Does not work with missing tooth wheel.
- Input voltage range +/- 3v to +/-35 V.
- Signal conditioning.
- Communication Micro USB Type B Port, at 115.200 Baud 8N1
- CSV format (RPM, Advance)
- Compatible Windows, Linux, Mac
- 0.96 Oled 4 lines display.
- WiFi display on any browser @ http://192.168.4.1
- 1 Sensor status LED.
- 2 Pushbutton switches.
- User choices are memorized.
- Power Supply 9 to 16 Vdc 0.1 W
- Internal regulated power supply.
- Dimensions: 72 x 55 x 20 mm/ 2.8 x 2.2 x 0.8 in.
- 3 months warranty
- Weight: 50g / 0.1 lbs
PICKUP.Click here for more info
– This ITM works with 1 pickup and 1 reluctor (the metal strip on the flywheel) [A,B].
– This ITM works with 2 pickup and 2 bars [E,F].
– This ITM DOES NOT work with 1 pickup and multi-pulses pickup (ie 2 reluctors on flywheel) [C,D].
– This ITM DOES NOT work with 1 pickup and missing tooth flywheel [G].
Positive first vs Negative first
/!\ When you are testing a ignition on a bench, cut down electromagnetic interferences that can trouble the device by replacing the sparkplug by a 2k or 5k resistor.
So you get rid both of the irritating spark noise and EMI.
PHOTOSClick here for more info
10Hz Frequency equal 600rpm on a 2strokes or 4strokes WITH wasted spark,
or equal 1200rpm on a 4 strokes WITHOUT wasted spark.
VERSIONSClick here for more info
- Version v1r0c0:
- Version v1r1c0:
- [HW] SMD components.
- Version v1r2c0:
- [HW] Only 2 push buttons.
- [SW] Software Improvement.